OPPORTUNITY FOR INVESTMENT IN TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
The hourly rate for this role starts at £12.33 with the opportunity to earn up to £16.00 per hour depending on which of the following qualifications you hold:
- Diagnostics Level 1 to 3, HGV Class 1 or 2 licence, Foreman experience, Smart Tacho, Loler, 3.5t Counterbalance, over 3.5t Counterbalance, iPAF trained, NVQ Level 3 – newly qualified, NVQ Level 3 – 2 to 5 years experience, NVQ Level 3 – over 5 years experience.
If there are qualifications you don’t currently hold from the above list, Alltruck will consider supporting you in achieving additional qualifications by investing up to £2,000 in your training and development. We will ask you to sign a Training Agreement to take advantage of this development opportunity.
Dependant on your experience, skills and qualifications, there is the opportunity for you to develop into one of our Mobile Technician roles within 18 months.
We at Alltruck plc don’t believe that our business revolves around the vehicles we put on the road, it begins and ends with one thing – people (customers, colleagues and community). Our people are central to our success and that is why we promote a people focussed culture that nurtures and develops talent from within.
We operate in a competitive industry and it is our team of people that sets us apart from the rest. Central to being able to deliver the highest levels of customer service and care is the ability of our people to deliver on Alltruck plc’s values – Passion, Proactive, Progressive and Committed. We do it with energy, passion, and curiosity, and we’re backed by our rich heritage and culture of innovation. We’re looking for exceptional talent to join us.
We are looking for Technicians to join our Nottingham team.
The Workshop team forms an integral part of our business here at Alltruck plc. Based at the Nottingham site the team is responsible for effectively maintaining commercial vehicles and trailers to DVSA standards, supporting the business in its mission of protecting value, whether that be the driver, the goods, our brand or the brand of our customers. A HGV Technician is responsible for the ‘brilliant maintenance’ of not just our own vehicles, but for our external customers too. Being able to effectively process information, diagnose issues, and work in a physically and mentally demanding environment is where you come in.
TO SUCCEED, YOU WILL NEED:
- A technical qualification related to commercial vehicles (City & Guilds level 3, NVQ level 3, or equivalent)
- Current full driving license
- Good verbal and numerical reasoning skills
- Confidence in your own abilities
- To be an efficient, neat, and disciplined commercial vehicle technician
- Flexibility, being able to prioritise your own workload whilst supporting the team is key
- To be responsive and willing to learn, receive training, developing both yourself and those around you
- Excellent relationship skills with both colleagues and customers alike
- An understanding of the value of delivering great service to suppliers, colleagues, and customers
- The ability and motivation to work on your own initiative
YOU’LL REALLY HIT THE GROUND RUNNING IF YOU HAVE:
- A broad understanding of commercial vehicles in a rental environment.
- Experience in using R2C
- A HGV and or a Fork Lift Truck License (not essential)
THIS IS WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT WITHIN THE ROLE:
- Carry out routine maintenance and repairs on all makes of vehicles and trailers to DVSA standards and Company standards.
- Diagnose and rectify all types of faults using your experience and ability, working on your own initiative, ensuring cost effective and safe repairs to an extremely high standard.
- Attend and repair disabled vehicles at customer sites.
- Ensure that all vehicles worked on are handled carefully and that precautions are taken whilst in the workshop and/or customer premises.
- Ensure that Health and Safety regulations and the Company safe systems of work and processes are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure all jobs are recorded properly, appropriately and accurately recording times, ensuring all job cards and service sheets are actioned in the agreed timescales.
- Write up job cards and return parts correctly in a timely manner, correctly labelled.
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping throughout the shift.
- Keep up to date with all relevant DVSA and product developments, be receptive to training and participate fully in the ongoing development and continuous improvement activities within the business.
- Be flexible in your approach and be an effective team player for the development of both you and the business.
- Participate in any site security requirements.
- Complete work as directed by the Foreman, Workshop Manager or General Manager at any time.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Working for an accredited Investors In People Platinum business has many advantages from continual training and development, 121 culture, coaching support and many more listed below:
- £12.00-£16.00 per hour dependant on experience. Opportunity for overtime at a rate of time and a half
- 25 Days holiday rising to 28 during tenure with the ability to buy or sell holidays
- Monthly ‘lunch on us’ paid for
- Quarterly social events paid for
- Annual awards evening
- Annual family day at a theme park paid for
Working a two-week rotating shift pattern:
Early shift: Monday – Friday 06.00am to 14.30pm
Late shift: Monday – Friday 13.30pm to 22.30pm and Saturday 06.00 – 12.00pm.
Positions available: 1