Keeping to our service level agreements and promises made, as Fleet Controller you will be ensuring that we take preventative measures to keep the Fleet in the best possible order, whilst ensuring compliance with all current legislation and best practice. We are looking for somebody who will proactively assist in managing a fleet of commercial vehicles, supporting our customers, driving operationally excellent processes, supporting our culture of continuous improvement.
To succeed, you will need:
- A keen eye for detail, with the ability to look ahead to avoid issues.
- To embrace the ‘can do’ culture, there’s none of this ‘that’s not in my job description’ here!
- A good working knowledge of the Microsoft packages, including Excel and Word, and experience of using in-house software systems.
- Great planning and prioritizing skills.
- To be a collaborative worker, always seeking thoughts and opinions from both colleagues and customers, multitasking whilst under pressure will be essential.
- Great communication and negotiation skills, to use both in-house and with external customers and suppliers, a keen commercial awareness is key.
You’ll really hit the ground running if you have:
- A recognised qualification in Automotive Inspection and Repair
- Experience in using Kerridge and/or R2C Compliancy Portal
- A transport manager CPC or experience in Fleet Management
- A background in automotive workshop service delivery
Congratulations, the role is yours and this is what is expected…
- Highlight specific issues to the Senior Fleet Controller, particularly with regard to fleet management issues, trends and maintenance costs.
- To participate in the rota system for Saturday mornings and on-call cover (currently 1 in 5).
- Liaise with external repair agents on work carried out on fleet vehicles, using an effective order number process and exercising appropriate control over costs.
- Confidently liaise with customers to obtain order numbers for re-chargeable repairs.
- Deal with any invoicing queries and ensure that order numbers are effectively closed down in a timely manner.
- Support the Senior Fleet Controller in the effective management of customer relationships and be confident to produce clear reports to support effective communication and negotiation with customers, suppliers and third party agents.
- Ensuring third party agents comply with the agreed service level agreements (SLAs).
- Managing compliance data in line with the Company key performance indicators (KPIs) and legislation.
- Management of the Incident Response processes, ensuring timely updates are available to both the customers and colleagues. Therefore, minimising ‘vehicle off road time’ (VOR).
- Ensure incoming calls are answered quickly, confidently and professionally at all times and are effectively dealt with by you or your colleagues.
- Accurately maintain and interrogate vehicle service history records, ensuring information collected is accurate, complete and relevant.
- Participate in continuous improvements of effective administration systems within the department.
- To be receptive to training and participate in the improvements to our systems and procedures.
Assisting in office duties, providing cover when needed for other aspects of the operations department
Positions available: 1
Click here to submit your CV