Workshop Manager Loughborough Depot
Alltruck plc has been serving customers from the heart of Leicestershire for over 25 years. With a fleet of over 1,200 vehicles we operate nationally supported by over 150 Alltruck Approved Repair Centres managed by our own dedicated national fleet engineers. We operate two internal service centres, located in both Nottingham and Loughborough.
This role will be located at our Petronas Branded Depot in Loughborough reporting to the site General Manager. It is a truly pivotal role within our organisation and one where the successful candidate can grow and flourish. Our bustling depot is processing over 14 mots per day, 5 mot preps and 5 to 10 customer inspections on a daily basis.
The facility offers customers many services including: Truck Care, Loler Servicing, Tacho Calibration and many other key services. We have recently invested in the latest HGV Diagnostic Technology across both sites.
The successful candidate will manage a team of self-motivated technicians, supported by a dedicated workshop administrator. The manager of the department will be mainly responsible for the planning and maintaining of the workshop, purchasing parts and maximising the facility throughput in a safe and efficient manner.
It will be expected that the workshop manager will interface with other managers on site, along with their counterpart in our Nottingham workshop. Sharing Intel, best practice and sharing workloads to the benefit of the business and its customers. The role may require an element of flexibility and from time to time you will be expected to work quite long hours and even roll up your sleeves to get the job done!
Building relationships both internally and externally across our client base is imperative and as a result we are looking for a self-motivated friendly individual whose values mirror that of our own:
“Committed to Caring for our Customers and Colleagues”
“Passionate / Progressive and Proactive”
- Managing a high performing team of Technicians, supported by efficient and effective workshop administration. (our customers remain our number one priority so prompt communication and regular updates are imperative)
- Ensuring that our R2C portal is updated real-time. (Inspections and MOT preps etc.)
- Motivating the team across all shifts and depots to ensure everybody feels part of the wider Alltruck.
- Effectively and efficiently managing resources to deliver the high demands expected from the facility from internal customers like fleet and rental.
- Engaging in the purchasing process to ensure we maintain our budgeted targets across all spend.
- Holding 121’s across the team every 6 to 8 weeks (Supporting and Coaching)
- Driving operational performance through a measured approach, using data as a transit for change and improvement. (UTE and OEE)
- Having a can-do, continuous improvement mentality towards the workshop and its output is essential.
- Ensuring that safety, quality and the environment remain at the forefront of everybody’s mind every day (a basic understanding of six sigma theories would also be desirable, but not wholly essential)
- Forming part of our Health & Safety Committee; driving improvement and mitigating risks through “Near Miss Management” and reporting. (xCenta)
- To minimise the internal workshop costs to our fleet departments and maximise parts / labour margins to all external customers.
- To spot check the workshop for both pmi and mot preparation.
- To drive the pre mot check sheet process, thus supporting our 98% pass rate!
- Ensuring both MOT prep and ready to rent programs are supported as effectively as possible.
- Taking calls from fleet and rental, in resolving technical issue over the phone and from within the team.
- Supporting the technicians with fault diagnosis and minimising parts expenditure.
- Ensuring that the site is secure at all times by reviewing security with the team.
- Seek authorisation in writing along with a PO number prior to work commencing or parts being ordered.
- Audit the team to ensure paperwork is being completed currently and in good time.
- Holding an annual appraisal with the team, measuring their performance and giving them individual Goals and Objectives for the year
- Daily Invoicing / job costing (with full support from workshop admin)
Main Job Requirements
- Take responsibility for the delivery of an efficient maintenance operation in terms of cost containment, customer service levels, maintenance standards and safety performance for the location.
- Utilising the principles of lean thinking, plan the workspace efficiently to ensure that the technicians are utilised at all times
- Ensure technicians are working efficiently within industry standard repair times and report on productivity. Bring any issues which may affect the operational or financial performance of the workshop to the attention of the GM.
- To control and manage the workshop administration function ensuring that job cards are written up in a timely manner and that no items are left outstanding. All inspection sheets must be completed on the portal, checked to ensure that “O” Licence requirements are met. Approved within 24 hours for completion to the customer.
- Use your experience / ability to work on your own initiative and effect cost effective safe repairs to an extremely high standard. Each week, carry out quality re-inspections of completed maintenance work, including a review of the vehicle maintenance files.
- Liaise with customers both internally and externally ensuring good communication at all times.
- Ensure that the workshop environment is Health & Safety compliant and kept clean and tidy at all times, including conducting a daily ‘walk round’ of the entire location. You will also be responsible for the security of the workspace and vehicles on site.
- Must have a broad commercial vehicle engineering background ideally in a retail and fleet environment at a senior level.
- Must have excellent relationship skills with staff and customers.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent leadership qualities and motivate a team of technicians whilst fully embracing staff development and training.
- Must be a team player who fully embraces Alltruck plc “service” culture.
- Able to participate fully in structured meetings, to report on MOT pass rate, workshop performance, KPI’s, remedial actions and budgetary concerns.
- Will need to participate in a Saturday Rota
Positions available: 1
Click here to submit your CV