Welder and Fabricator
We at Alltruck plc don’t believe that our business revolves around the vehicles we put on the road, it begins and ends with one thing – our people. People like you.
Our people are central to our success and that is why we promote a people-focused culture that nurtures and develops talent from within.
We operate in a competitive industry, and it is our team of people that sets us apart from the rest. Central to being able to deliver the highest levels of customer service and care is the ability of our people to deliver on Alltruck plc’s values –Passion, Proactive, Progressive, and Committed. We do it with energy, passion, and curiosity, and we’re backed by our rich heritage and culture of innovation. We’re looking for exceptional talent to join us.
Working in full compliance with Alltruck Bodyshop processes, you will carry out all tasks required to construct heavy commercial vehicle bodies, to an excellent standard and within required timescales and deadlines to ensure prompt delivery to our customers.
You will play an active role in our culture of continuous improvement, working together to achieve our goals of “raising standards in quality and service”.
To succeed, you will need
- To be able to work under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and develop
- A flexible attitude
- To be a good team player
You’ll really hit the ground running if you have
- Welding experience with steel and aluminum, ideally coded welding
- Experience in building HGV commercial vehicle bodies
- A counterbalance forklift truck licence
- An IPAF licence for MEWP’s
This is what you can expect within the role
- To carry out high-quality fabrication and assembly work to construct heavy commercial vehicle bodies, using both steel and aluminium materials
- To ensure all Alltruck Bodyshop build specifications, CAD drawings, and BSI ISO:9001 2015 quality standards are always adhered to
- To be accountable for meeting and improving on agreed deadlines and timescales, giving prompt notification to management of any delay
- To ensure all build jobs are subject to appropriate Quality Stage Inspections, and to complete any remedial action identified from these in a timely manner
- To work with care and diligence to protect our customer’s vehicles and assets
- To maintain an organised, clean and tidy work environment, free from any hazards
- To complete all required documentation and records accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensure Health and Safety policy and procedures are always followed and participate in developing a culture where a safe and healthy environment is second nature
- To follow and uphold all best practices and work in line with Alltruck Bodyshop values and aims
- To focus on own personal performance and work well within your team to achieve success
- Promote the corporate identity and image of Alltruck Bodyshop Services Limited within your day-to-day duties and responsibilities, with a responsible and professional approach.
This is a generic role description and doesn’t detail all the duties as may be required of the position.
What’s in it for you?
Working for an accredited Investors in People Platinum business has many advantages from continual training and development, 121 culture, coaching support and many more listed below:
- 25 days holiday rising to 28 during tenure with the ability to buy or sell holidays
- Life assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme with perks and discounts
- Pension scheme
- Monthly ‘lunch on us’ paid for
- Quarterly social events paid for
- Annual awards evening
- Annual family day at a theme park paid for
This is a full-time, permanent role; the hours are 7.00am to 4.30pm with a 30-minute unpaid lunch break.
Positions available: 1
Click here to submit your CV