Public Sector Fleet Controller
Here at Alltruck plc we don’t believe that our business revolves around the vehicles we put on the road, it begins and ends with one thing – our customers. Our people are central to our success and that is why we promote a people focused culture that nurtures and develops talent from within.
We operate in a competitive industry and it is our team of people that sets us apart from the rest. Central to being able to deliver the highest levels of customer service and care is the ability of our people to deliver on Alltruck plc’s values –Passionate, Proactive, Progressive and Committed. We do it with energy, passion, and curiosity, and we’re backed by our rich heritage and culture of innovation. We’re looking for exceptional talent to join us.
Keeping to our service level agreements and promises made, you will be ensuring that we take preventative measures to keep the Fleet in the best possible order, whilst ensuring compliance with all current legislation and best practice. We are looking for somebody who will proactively assist in managing a fleet of commercial vehicles, supporting our customers, driving operationally excellent processes, supporting our culture of continuous improvement.
TO SUCCEED, YOU WILL NEED:
- To embrace the ‘can do’ culture, there’s none of this ‘that’s not in my job description’ here!
- To be a collaborative worker, always seeking thoughts and opinions from both colleagues and customers, multitasking whilst under pressure will be essential.
- A good working knowledge of the Microsoft packages, including Excel and Word, and experience of using in house software systems.
- A keen eye for detail, with the ability to look ahead to avoid issues.
- Great planning and prioritizing skills.
- Great communication and negotiation skills, to use both in house and with external customers and suppliers, a keen commercial awareness is key.
YOU’LL REALLY HIT THE GROUND RUNNING IF YOU HAVE:
- Recognised qualification in Automotive Inspection and Repair, preferably in light commercial vehicles
- Experience in Fleet Management
- A background in an automotive service delivery
CONGRATULATIONS, THE ROLE IS YOURS AND THIS IS WHAT IS EXPECTED…
- Highlight specific issues to the Senior Fleet Controller, particularly with regard to fleet management issues, trends and maintenance costs.
- To participate in the rota system for Saturday mornings and on call cover (currently 1 in 5).
- Liaise with external repair agents on work carried out on fleet vehicles, using an effective order number process and exercising appropriate control over costs.
- Confidently liaise with customers to obtain order numbers for re-chargeable repairs.
- Deal with any invoicing queries and ensure that order numbers are effectively closed down in a timely manner.
- Support the Senior Fleet Controller in effective management of customer relationships and be confident to produce clear reports to support effective communication and negotiation with customers, suppliers and third party agents.
- Ensuring third party agents comply with the agreed service level agreements (SLAs).
- Managing compliancy data in line with the Company key performance indicators (KPIs) and legislation.
- Management of the Incident Response processes, ensuring timely updates are available to both the customers and colleagues, minimising ‘vehicle off road time’ (VOR).
- Ensure incoming calls are answered quickly, confidently and professionally at all times and are effectively dealt with by you or your colleagues.
- Accurately maintain and interrogate vehicle service history records, ensuring information collected is accurate, complete and relevant.
- Participate in continuous improvements of effective administration systems within the department.
- To be receptive to training and participate in the department and improvements of our systems and procedures.
- Assisting in office duties, providing cover when needed for other aspects of the operations department.
Positions available: 1
Click here to submit your CV