As our Logistics Assistant, you will be responsible for the day-to-day support between Alltruck management, our drivers, and our distribution customers who are situated across the country.
You will be working closely with our Key Account Manager, assisting with all operational activities on our distribution contracts. Customer relationships are key to our business and therefore your role will be critical in carrying the Alltruck brand and values through to our customers.
We at Alltruck plc don’t believe that our business revolves around the vehicles we put on the road, it begins and ends with one thing – YOU. Our people are central to our success and that is why we promote a people-focused culture that nurtures and develops talent from within.
Working for an accredited Investors in People Platinum business has many advantages from continual training and development, 1-2-1 culture, coaching support, and many more listed below:
• Salary of £23,000 per year
• 25 days holiday rising to 28 during tenure with the ability to buy or sell holidays
• Life assurance
• Auto-enrolment pension scheme
• Monthly ‘lunch on us’ paid for
• Quarterly social events paid for
• Annual awards evening
• Annual family day at a theme park paid for
These are the things that we will be looking for in our new Logistics Assistant:
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Excellent relationship skills with both colleagues and customers.
• To be highly self-motivated with the ability to work on your own initiative.
• To be calm under pressure.
• Have confidence in your own abilities.
• Be credible, persuasive, and tenacious.
• Full clean driving licence
You’ll really hit the ground running if you have:
• At least 2 years’ experience within a Logistics role or similar.
• Previous experience within our industry.
You’ll be willing to:
• Obtain Transport International Certificate Professional Competence.
• Obtain IOSH Managing safety accreditation.
• Deputise for the Key Account Manager as required.
• Be the point of contact for drivers & customers when Key Account Manager unavailable.
• Induct new starters on Alltruck plc and Customer procedures as required.
• Agency driver supplier management & bookings.
• Ensure all customer-specific inductions are carried out by the lead driver / responsible person.
• Assist with holiday management.
• Compliance Management (PMI’s, Servicing & MOT’s) liaising with the fleet department.
• Ensure all ancillary stock held are at the correct level and reordered & distributed as required.
• Telematics Management (Idling Report etc.).
• Fuel & Adblue reporting & monitoring.
• Process authorised timesheets for payroll.
• Process authorised expenses payments.
• Support Key Account Manager on diarised customer reviews.
• Work from customer locations as & when required.
• Procurement of PPE workwear as required.
• Monitor and manage Driver & Vehicle safety equipment.
• Manage, monitor and report on driver defect/damage.
• Ensure service schedules are adhered to across respective sites.
• Be the FORS champion and schedule FORS internal audits.
• Assist in developing processes & procedures.
• Member of the Alltruck Health & Safety committee & champion at customer’s sites.
• Attend annual audits and assist with tasks.
Location: Nottingham, NG4 2JW
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time (8:00-17:00, occasional on-call support)
Job Category: Logistics Assistant
Industries: Contract Hire, Truck Rental, Fleet Management
Positions available: 1