We at Alltruck plc don’t believe that our business revolves around the vehicles we put on the road, it begins and ends with one thing – our people. People like you.
Our people are central to our success and that is why we promote a people-focused culture that nurtures and develops talent from within. Central to being able to deliver the highest levels of customer service and care is the ability of our people to deliver on Alltruck plc’s values –Passion, Proactive, Progressive, and Committed. We do it with energy, passion, and curiosity, and we’re backed by our rich heritage and culture of innovation. We’re looking for exceptional talent to join us.
We’re looking for an HR Assistant to join our small HR team based at our Head Office in Croft, Leicester. Reporting to the HR Manager, you will be involved in the full employee lifecycle, from recruiting and onboarding new starters right through to managing leavers.
You will provide general administrative support to the HR Manager; dealing with routine and ad-hoc tasks as well as being able to apply your HR knowledge and expertise, supporting both staff and managers. There will also be opportunity to work on some interesting HR projects, in line with our culture of continuous improvement.
Within the HR department here at Alltruck, no two days are the same. We work hard but we also have fun!
If you are an experienced HR Assistant with strong administrative skills, we would like to hear from you. If you are looking to progress your HR knowledge and expertise, whether that be through practical experience or carrying out a qualification, we will help to support and develop you!
To succeed, you will need:
- A minimum of two years’ experience working at an HR Assistant level with strong administration skills.
- A positive can-do attitude.
- Flexibility: we often have changing priorities, so it is essential to be able to think on your feet.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communicator; both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative.
- Active listening skills.
- Great collaboration skills: you will be working with colleagues across all levels of the business.
- Up to date working knowledge of UK employment law.
- The ability to demonstrate high levels of confidentiality.
You’ll really hit the ground running if you have:
- A CIPD Level 3 or Level 5 qualification.
- Previous HR advisory experience.
- Prior experience in using IRIS Cascade (or similar HR Information Systems) is desirable.
- Prior experience in using SAGE payroll (or similar payroll software) is desirable.
- Strong IT skills including Excel and other Microsoft packages.
- Good numeracy skills.
You’ll need to be willing to:
- Occasionally travel to other locations to support the HR Manager as required.
This is what you can expect within the role:
- Manage all administration duties for the department including the creation of documentation.
- Manage offer paperwork and induction process for new starters, completing relevant compliance checks.
- Keep our HR information system up to date, ensuring that all employee records are maintained in compliance with GDPR legislation.
- Responsible for collating relevant information and producing the monthly payroll for circa 100 employees using Sage Payroll (if you don’t have experience in Payroll, don’t worry we can teach you the ropes).
- Ensure monthly payments to the Inland Revenue are made in a timely manner and that these reconcile to the payroll.
- Provide advice on HR procedure and policy to staff and managers, referring on to the HR Manager where appropriate.
- Support with employee relations matters; including arranging and preparing for meetings and note taking at meetings.
- Manage our twice-yearly Employee Engagement survey.
- Organise annual health screening and support managers with following up on any actions.
- Carry out annual driving licence audit and checks.
- Liaise with our pension providers to ensure that accurate pension records are kept and that the correct contributions are made each month.
- Support with recruitment processes.
- Support with general reception duties.
- Support the Training Manager with legal compliancy training for the business.
- Provide support to the HR Manager with HR metrics including monthly reporting.
- Support to the HR Manager with the review, development and implementation of HR policies, procedures and processes that promote a great working environment and are in line with current legislation.
- Support the HR Manager with developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall Alltruck business strategy.
This is a generic role description and doesn’t detail all the duties as may be required of the position.
What’s in it for you?
Working for an accredited Investors in People Platinum business has many advantages from continual training and development, 121 culture, coaching support and many more listed below:
- 25 days holiday rising to 28 during tenure with the ability to buy or sell holidays
- Life assurance
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme
- Monthly ‘lunch on us’ paid for
- Quarterly social events paid for
- Annual awards evening
- Annual family day at a theme park paid for
- Continual learning and development
This is a full-time, permanent role; the hours are 40 hours per week Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm with a one-hour unpaid lunch break.
Salary: £20,000-£24,000 per annum dependant on experience.
Positions available: 1