Head of Used Vehicle Sales (Alltruck 2)
The focus of the role is to take a strategic view of the entire fleet and make decisions based on cost and residual value. You will build Alltruck2 brand as the independent used truck dealership of choice selling over 300+ commercial assets per year with a strong focus on delivering a great customer experience selling to retail customers.
To succeed, you will need:
- Strong business judgement and commercial awareness
- Ability to take a holistic view of the whole fleet to maximise the profitability of the commercial fleet.
- Negotiation skills – maximising added value and profitability when selling used trucks.
- Influencing skills – internally with Alltruck stakeholders to manage the effective defleeting of vehicles and the internal workshops.
- Experience in developing and mentoring team members
- Ability to think analytically.
- Commercial vehicle (HGV) knowledge – strong understanding of the HGV industry and fundamental knowledge of vehicle specifications.
- Creative thinker – identifies multiple options to ensure success.
- Ability to manage up and down effectively – feedback on industry trends and other potential opportunities and challenges.
- Outcome focussed – finds a way to deliver the annual budget in line with other key objectives.
- Understanding of residual values in commercial assets.
- Working in conjunction with the Marketing Manager to drive inbound leads through selling platforms such as Auto Trader and Commercial Motor.
- Customer experience and referrals to drive repeat business.
You’ll really hit the ground running if you have:
Transport Management CPC qualification (or be prepared to work towards)
Previous experience in a similar role
This is what you can expect within the role:
- You will be a key stakeholder in the business and be responsible for running a “mini business” within Alltruck.
- Act as a brand ambassador and build the Alltruck 2 brand in the retail environment.
- Asset manage entire fleet to retain residual value and reduce maintenance spend.
- Work towards the position of selling 80% of used vehicles through the retail channel.
- Influence the future specification of vehicles.
- Identify end of life vehicles from existing fleet to be defleeted and sold.
- Match vehicle specification to customer needs.
- Management of budget and used vehicle sales targets.
- Report to board on progression against targets.
- Influence residual value of the vehicle in line with industry standards.
- Manage self and team to be flexible when faced with changing priorities.
This is a generic role description and doesn’t detail all the duties as may be required of the position.
What’s in it for you?
Working for an accredited Investors in People Platinum business has many advantages from continual training and development, 121 culture, coaching support and many more listed below:
- Competitive base salary
- Commission scheme
- Fully expensed company car
- 25 days holiday rising to 28 during tenure with the ability to buy or sell holidays.
- Life assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme with perks and discounts
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme
- Monthly ‘lunch on us’ paid for
- Quarterly social events paid for
- Annual awards evening
- Annual family day at a theme park paid fo
This is a full-time role; the hours are 8.30 – 17.30 with a 60-minute lunch break.
Positions available: 1
Click here to submit your CV