We at Alltruck plc don’t believe that our business revolves around the vehicles we put on the road, it begins and ends with one thing – our customers. Our people are central to our success and that is why we promote a people-focused culture that nurtures and develops talent from within. We operate in a competitive industry and it is our team of people that sets us apart from the rest. Central to being able to deliver the highest levels of customer service and care is the ability of our people to deliver on Alltruck plc’s values –Passion, Proactive, Progressive and Committed. We do it with energy, passion, and curiosity, and we’re backed by our rich heritage and culture of innovation. We’re looking for exceptional talent to join us.
Entering Alltruck as an experienced Design Engineer within commercial vehicles, you will gain exposure to many levels of the business, our products and services from the bottom up. The main purpose of your role will be to support the Bodyshop Manager with an extensive portfolio of engineering drawings, related to truck body and chassis designs with exposure to accident repairs. In time, you will be assessing damage, raising job cards and estimates and working on core projects that support the business’s Bodyshop service and maintenance offerings.
• Manage a suite of CAD designs (including managing issue status).
• Create new 2D components and assembly drawings.
• Production planning and support.
• Ensuring vehicle certificates conform to industry regulations and type approvals processes are adhered to.
• Reviewing live approvals to ensure compliance (OEM’s).
• Management of chassis and material receipts (QC and identification).
• Raising IVA applications.
• Liaising with our Sales team and responding to technical enquiries.
• Provide local estimates for repair supporting the accident repair team.
• Play an active role in our culture of continuous improvement as we work together to achieve our goals of “raising standards in quality and service”.
• Providing support to our Supply Chain and purchasing teams.
• Supporting the Bodyshop Manager and wider Engineering department.
• Supporting internal audits (H&S and ISO 9001).
• Participate in developing a culture where a safe and healthy working environment is second nature.
Please note: This is a generic role description and does not specify all the duties as may be required of the position.
• Prior experience working within the commercial vehicle environment.
• Knowledge of bodybuilding on commercial vehicles.
• Hands-on experience working with commercial vehicles.
• Good IT skills and experience using Creo, AutoCAD 2D or similar drawing software.
• Able to create and read technical drawings.
• A great communicator, both verbal and written.
• Personable and proactive.
• Able to spot the detail; creating accurate and detailed drawings.
• Able to multitask and prioritise workload effectively.
• Driven and motivated to work on your own initiative.
• Confident to collaborate and build excellent relationships with wider departments.
• Considerate in your approach.
• Passionate about driving your career.
Working for an accredited Investors in People Platinum business has many advantages from continual training and development, 121 culture, coaching support and many more listed below:
• Competitive base salary
• 25 days holiday rising to 28 during tenure with the ability to buy or sell holidays
• Life assurance
• Pension scheme
• Monthly ‘lunch on us’ paid for
• Quarterly social events paid for
• Annual awards evening
• Annual family day at a theme park paid for
This is a full-time, permanent role.
The working hours are Monday to Friday 7.00 to 16.30, inclusive of a 30-minute lunch break (45 hours per week).
Positions available: 1