Mobile Commercial Vehicle Technician
We at Alltruck plc don’t believe that our business revolves around the vehicles we put on the road, it begins and ends with one thing – people (customers, colleagues and community). Our people are central to our success and that is why we promote a people focussed culture that nurtures and develops talent from within.
We operate in a competitive industry and it is our team of people that sets us apart from the rest. Central to being able to deliver the highest levels of customer service and care is the ability of our people to deliver on Alltruck plc’s values – Passion, Proactive, Progressive and Committed. We do it with energy, passion, and curiosity, and we’re backed by our rich heritage and culture of innovation. We’re looking for exceptional talent to join us.
The Workshop team forms an integral part of our business here at Alltruck plc. The team is responsible for effectively maintaining commercial vehicles and trailers to DVSA standards, supporting the business in its mission of protecting value, whether that be the driver, the goods, our brand or the brand of our customers.
A Mobile Technician is responsible for the ‘brilliant maintenance’ of not just our own vehicles, but for our external customers too. Being able to effectively process information, diagnose issues, and work in a physically and mentally demanding environment is where you come in.
- Carry out routine maintenance and repairs on all makes of vehicles and trailers to DVSA standards and Company standards.
- Diagnose and rectify all types of faults using your experience and ability, working on your own initiative, ensuring cost effective and safe repairs to an extremely high standard.
- Attend and repair disabled vehicles at customer sites.
- Ensure that all vehicles worked on are handled carefully and that precautions are taken whilst in the workshop and/or customer premises.
- Ensure that Health and Safety regulations and the Company safe systems of work and processes are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure all jobs are recorded properly, appropriately and accurately recording times, ensuring all job cards and service sheets are actioned in the agreed timescales.
- Write up job cards and return parts correctly in a timely manner, correctly labelled.
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping throughout the shift.
- Keep up to date with all relevant DVSA and product developments, be receptive to training and participate fully in the ongoing development and continuous improvement activities within the business.
- Participate in any site security requirements.
- Complete work as directed by the Workshop Manager or General Manager at any time.
Please note, this is a generic role description and does not specify all the duties as may be required of the position.
You will need
- A technical qualification related to commercial vehicles (City & Guilds level 3, NVQ level 3, or equivalent).
- A current full driving license.
- Good verbal and numerical reasoning skills.
- Excellent relationship skills with both colleagues and customers alike.
- To be flexible; able to manage your own time and prioritise your workload to suit customer needs whilst also supporting the team.
- Confidence in your own abilities.
- The ability and motivation to work on your own initiative.
- To be an efficient, neat and disciplined mobile technician.
- To be responsive and willing to learn, receive training, developing both yourself and those around you.
- An understanding of the value of delivering great service to suppliers, colleagues and customers.
You’ll really hit the ground running if you have
- Experience in using R2C.
- A Class 1 and or a Fork Lift Truck License (not essential).
Permanent, full-time role.
Working hours will be 45 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Start and finish times to be confirmed.
Positions available: 1
Click here to submit your CV