Assistant Rental Manager
Entering Alltruck as our Assistant Rental Manager, the main purpose of your role will be to manage, process, and recharge end of hire damage and manage all the logistical aspects of the rental operation for a large fleet of commercial vehicles operating across a diverse range of business clients.
Above all, you’ll be responsible for managing our team of administrators, our rental desk operative, and our vehicle movements coordinator along with the driving fraternity and creating an environment where people can flourish!
We at Alltruck plc don’t believe that our business revolves around the vehicles we put on the road, it begins and ends with one thing – our customers. Our people are central to our success and that is why we promote a people-focused culture that nurtures and develops talent from within.
We operate in a competitive industry and it is our team of people that sets us apart from the rest. Central to being able to deliver the highest levels of customer service and care is the ability of our people to deliver on Alltruck plc’s values – Passion, Proactive, Progressive and Committed. We do it with energy, passion, and curiosity, and we’re backed by our rich heritage and culture of innovation. We’re looking for exceptional talent to join us.
- Manage and support the rental team, ensuring good oversight and awareness of rental activities on a day-to-day basis, providing corrective coaching where needed.
- Hold regular 1:1s and annual performance reviews with the Rental team, ensuring our 1:1 culture is embedded within the department and feedback is communicated and utilised across Alltruck.
- To motivate and develop the careers of your subordinates, embracing the Alltruck values; progressive, proactive, passionate and committed.
- Report to the Rental Manager, KPI’s in a frequent and timely manner, ensuring that the team and other interested parties remain aware of the performance of the Rental Department as a whole.
- To process and recharge end of hire damage to customers and manage the complete repair process;
- Manage and continuously improve the CheckedSafe system.
- Assess if damage on a truck is new damage and if it needs to be charged to the previous customer.
- Arrange/generate an estimate for the damage and charge the cost to the customer.
- Obtain purchase order numbers and deal with any queries/issues that arise as a result of this process – before the invoice is raised (as a best practice)
- Instruct a repair agent to fix the damage.
- Built up and have knowledge of the damage pot. Ensuring that vehicles that have damage on them, have a pot of money built up for the repairs.
- Maintain & build on customer relationships, supporting the customers operations. Handle queries/customer complaints that have been escalated above normal channels within the team.
- To ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to and where necessary develop strategies for continuous improvement.
- To ensure that the rental team have implemented a robust ready for rent policy/process and that this is continually monitored (R2R).
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure customer needs are met by finding solutions to challenges on a case-by-case basis.
- Working closely with Alltruck 2 to ensure disposals are made available and swapped out of the rental fleet in a suitable time.
- Ensure that the onsite fuel tanks always hold an adequate stock and manage the reordering of fuel when necessary.
- Be an active part of the management team, taking part in communications meetings and helping the rest of Alltruck see how the rental team is performing.
- Work with our Accounts team to ensure that all sundry trading costs are accounted and reconciled. Taking ownership of spending and ensuring we are in control of the departments spend.
- Work with our Fleet team to ensure replacement vehicles are made available to customers when they need them. Finding solutions to problems that might seem impossible at first.
- Work closely with Bodyshop to ensure at all damaged rental vehicles are fixed as quickly as possible. Planning and prioritising so vehicles are Ready to Rent when they are needed.
- Have a big picture vision and understanding of Alltruck and how decisions impact the wider Alltruck team.
Please note: This is a generic role description and does not specify all the duties as may be required of the position.
Requirements for this role
- Prior experience working within the commercial vehicle environment.
- Experience in vehicle Rental Management.
- Experience in managing a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office packages.
- Leadership and organisational abilities.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Management experience, people management.
- Experience in driving/transport. Knowledge of legislation and requirements on the driving team. This is to help manage and support the driving fraternity.
To succeed, you will need to
- Be a great communicator, both verbal and written.
- Have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, coach and develop others.
- To embrace Alltruck’s ‘can do’ culture, taking responsibility and ownership.
- Demonstrate keen attention to detail.
- Take initiative and be proactive, always thinking ahead.
- The ability to multi-task whilst under pressure.
- Confident to collaborate and build excellent relationships with wider departments.
- Considerate in your approach.
- Passionate about driving your career.
What’s in it for you?
Working for an accredited Investors in People Platinum business has many advantages from continual training and development, 121 culture, coaching support and many more listed below:
- A salary of £27,000 to £30,000 dependant on experience.
- 25 days holiday rising to 28 during tenure with the ability to buy or sell holidays.
- Life assurance.
- Pension scheme.
- Monthly ‘lunch on us’ paid for.
- Quarterly social events paid for.
- Annual awards evening.
- Annual family day at a theme park paid for.
This is a full-time, permanent role.
The working hours are Monday to Friday 7:00am to 5:00pm Inclusive of a 1-hour lunch break (45 hours per week).
Participation would be required in the rota systems for Saturdays.
Positions available: 1
Click here to submit your CV